RCM: Connecting You with Your Ideal Career
The Regional College of Management, Bhubaneswar achieved yet another nearly 100% Placement record for its PGDM and MBA students for the current year, despite the recessionary market trends.
- The Placement Cell of RCM, Bhubaneshwar creates a platform where students can showcase their talents which different companies seek to explore and utilize. Starting from 1982, RCM has been securing 100% placements for its students and has successfully placed a large section of graduates and post graduates who have appeared for placements.
- This year especially, the performance has been overwhelming, considering the lowered recruitment rate of companies and the general shedding of the workforce in the corporate world.
Corporate Relations Cell (CRC)
- Details of eligibility norms, designations, pay package and other details pertaining to the companies with the date of the visit are communicated to the students from time to time.
- Interested students are required to register with the Placement Cell to attend the pre-placement talk wherein the companies give an introductory talk with the details of the job opportunities they offer.
- The students then go through the three-stage selection process. It normally comprises an Aptitude Test, Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
The Placement Cell, in association with the faculty members’, particularly from Business and Communication, conducts training sessions for the interview process and group discussions. A dedicated team of student coordinators and representatives are also involved in monitoring the entire process of conducting the mock interviews and mock group discussions before the placement process.
The placement cell is also engaged in disseminating information on the job opportunity and on self employment.
The role of the cell is the following:
- To collect information about suitable jobs from publications like “Employment News” etc.
- To publish important details of jobs advertised.
- To offer career-counselling to students.
- To help the job seekers with tips for success in screening- cum-personality tests.
- To organize seminar on career counselling.
- To promote entrepreneurship among those with potential.